Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sometimes doing the right thing, is not the right thing.

As a bar owner I have to deal with a different clientele than most other business owners will encounter on a daily basis. Your mild mannered farmer when sober may be the cream of the crop. Three beers into the night he might become a fist swinging, hell raising bad ass. Your straight A college student becomes a holy terror three shots of tequila into a binge drinking session. Are these extremes? Yes they are. However, in life we sometimes deal with extremes. Last night I was assaulted on my property after asking an individual to leave. This led to an altercation. The result of my defending self and property when assaulted by a drunk was that I was given a disorderly conduct. The same punishment that was dealt to the individual initiating he entire event. After being threatened that he would "kill me" and then physically assaulted (he kicked me) I was told that I would be treated the same as this criminal. I have the utmost respect for law enforcement personnel. I understand that their job is a difficult one. I feel that last night I was wronged, justice was wronged because one person did not take the time to analyse the situation before making a decision, or if done. Made the wrong deductions before speaking with me. Sometimes doing the right thing, can give you the wrong results.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that happened. Sometimes common sense is left out of those situations. Also, I wanted to tell you that in your profile, your gender is listed as "female". Might wanna change it (unless it's true, of course) lol

    ReplyDelete